This project is no longer worked on so it's been a while since any update.
WIN XP SIMULATOR / WXPS
One of my very first projects developed in Unity, C#!
Feel as if you're using a Windows XP computer with this realistic simulator! This game is intended as a joke, it is in no way an emulation of an actual operating OS.
Current update of the game: 17; final update
Tuesday 16th February 2021
This will be the last and final update for Windows XP Simulator. Before we part ways, I would like to say a few words.
From the very first update in 2017, to the final one, today, in 2021. You have all been a part of this journey, part of the unexpected growth of WXPS. It's been a blast reading reviews, everyone has their own experiences, stories to tell and reasons to play. It's been an honour. Till the next project! gbye :)
+ Added MEMZ
+ Added draggable errors
+ Added customisable error delay
+ Added combo errors
~ Bug fixes
HOW TO PLAY / GUIDE
Win XP Simulator has a couple hidden easter eggs hidden within the game, discover them yourself or follow the instruction below. (The game may also seem a little confusing to new players too).
Opening Internet Explorer
1. Click on the start menu
2. Click on "Internet Exploerer"
3. Wait 20 seconds for it to fully load up (do not close the start menu during this)
4. The browser would now have fully opened, ready for you to install your apps
1. Launch "Anti-Virus" after installing it from Internet Explorer
2. Wait 30 seconds for the application to fully remove all viruses
3. The anit-virus software will now display "Viruses Successfully Removed
Using Downloaded Software
1. The downloaded software will appear on your desktop after installing it from Internet Explorer
2. Click on your desired one
3. Their gimmick will then play out, each one is unique
Win 10 Easter Egg
1. Click on the profile icon within the start menu 10 times
2. A jump scare event will play
3. Win 10 will then attempt to install, brining you to the W10 Simulator app page
Error Glitch Easter Egg
1. Click on the bottom right of the screen (tool bar)
2. The "Error Glitch" Easter Egg scene will load, allowing you to play around with the window
3. To exit, click start menu
Monday 24th June 2019
+ Added one new easter egg, "Error glitch". To activate, click on the bottom right of the screen during the simulation.
Wednesday 3rd October 2018
Sunday 9th September 2018
* The windows 10 easter egg now redirects you to download Win 10 Simulator
(To support the W10 Simulator release)
Monday 25th June 2018
WE HAVE HIT 100,000+ DOWNLOADS!
+ Added new applications to the internet explorere page
+ Added EmojiVirus
+ Added Clippy
+ Added WannaCry
+ Added JPNVirus
Friday 30th March 2018
+ Added BonziBuddy (download from internet explorer)
Sunday 4th March 2018
* Internet Explorer now has a purpose and is (partially) functional
+ Added the ability to remove viruses using the anti-virus software
+ Added a new error theme: Internet Explorer Update
+ Added unique error sounds to each error when popping up
thank you for 55,000 total downloads ;)
Friday 19th January 2018
THANK YOU FOR 35,000+ DOWNLOADS!
+ Added the ability to exit out of errors
+ Added a secret little easter egg (tap "MALGOW" in the start menu 10 times to activate
Thursday 31st August 2017
* Changed Win XP background
* Changed the main menu a little
* Fixed a bug where it took multiple presses to activate start menu
* Changed the time it took to remove viruses using the anti-virus. Was 1 minute, now 2 minutes
* Fixed the exit button for the anti-virus software, it should now be easier to press
Sunday 23rd July 2017
THANK YOU FOR 10,000+ DOWNLOADS!
* Resized the errors since a few people hd problems with seeing the text within the error boxes
+ Added the start menu! (finally!) There isn't much in the start menu, i'll see what i can add in later updates
- Removed the folder, it was pretty unnecessary
- Removed the "MEME" folder along with the "important folder", they were pretty useless
Saturday 25th March 2017
+ Added an application! (more will come)
+ Added an "Important Folder", it contains random things (I'll add more into this folder in future updates)
Friday 17th March 2017
THANK YOU FOR 1000+ DOWNLOADS!
* Corrected the Blue Screen of Death
* Fixed the screen resolution bug, this game should now work on more phone sizes
* Fixed a bug where the simulation wouldn't start without going into options first
Sunday 12th March 2017
+ Added a "Shutting Down" screen after exiting the game
+ Added a new "Style" option, this allows you to change what the errors look like
+ Added speed 6 (random speed)
Tuesday 7th March 2017
+ Added a speed option, this allows you to change the rate of error spawning. You can change this option from 1 to 5, 5 being the fastest (be careful!)
Saturday 4th March 2017
* Changed scaling to allow more errors to show at a time
* Allowed errors to spawn more randomly around the screen instead of around the centre
Sunday 19th February 2017
Saturday 18th February 2017